I normally look at the person’s hands and feet to judge his/her class. Well groomed hands and feet reveal your personality. First impression is the last impression so we must try to leave a good impression on others by keeping well groomed hands and feet. The well-being of nails will beautify our hands and give them a polished look. No matter how perfectly you are dressed,if you have shabby nails,somehow your entire look can fall apart.
Your nails not only have aesthetic value but can also reveal a lot about your health say experts. Your fingernails are made up of a protein called keratin. a healthy nail is smooth, light pink and does not have any grooves or dents.It also does not break or crack easily. Here are some easy to follow and effective tips that will keep your nails looking and feeling healthy.
- Cut your finger nails regularlyand make it a habit to file them everytwo to three days. Not only will this keep them in shape but also ensure that they don’t break easily.
- Make it a weekly habit to soak your fingers in a bowl of warm water and lemon juice. This will strengthen your nails. If your nails are weak, use a nail strengthener or hardner daily. There are several varieties available in the market today.
- While white spots or lines appear on nails at times, they usually grow out on their own.However if they persistently keep appearing it could be a deficiency of some sort. Meet your doctor.
- Try and keep your nails as dry as posiible. Regular contact with water can weaken them. If you have to do the dishes wear rubber gloves.
- Don’t cut your nails too short. This might cause painful ingrowths and when you moisturize your arms and legs don’t forget to moisturize your nails and cuticles as well.
- Don’t apply nail polish all the time.With this your nails will acquire a yellow tinge and also make them brittle. Allow few days of breathing time in between your manicure sessions.
- Moisturize the nail bed and the cuticle. It is important to moistuize your nails as it helps them grow better and protects them. Moisturising( twice a day ( after shower and before bedtime) helps reduce breakage.
- avoid using acetone based products. Dermatologists say that one must not use acetone based nail polish removers or cleansers. It makes the nails brittle and weak. Not only it hinders in nail development, it also makes them look bad.
- Take care of your toe nails. Mke sure your shoes do not disturb your toe nails, as you choose your daily wear.You can also opt to wear socks to keep them clean and in good shape.
- Avoid nipping off cuticles . They protect your nails from infection. Nipping them off would invite infections.
- Have calcium rich foods like milk and curd. these not only fight deficiency diseases but also help maintain nail health.Also monitor the intake of magnesium.
Happy healthy nails !
Originally posted 2016-06-27 06:16:19. Republished by Blog Post Promoter