Be A Writer!
Would you like to become a writer with Pinkdomblog? That’s Great!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your email address (it won’t be published)
- Preferred writing name
- Please tell us a little about yourself
- Please send us a short write-up of maximum 200 words on any topic that you like, but it should be unique.
- Let us know your main area of interest and what you plan to write on Pinkdomblog.
Editor’s Note: We do not entertain any kind of plagiarism. Our experts will detect any duplicacy in your content. So, please keep it unique. All topics are welcome, if the post is engaging and sensational.
What You Need To Do
- Update your profile
- Add your social media handles
- Put up a display picture
- Start writing! 🙂
Topics We Cover
- Culture: Artwork, film and book review, photo-essays, travel and pop culture.
- Society: In this section we cover stories from campus, workplace, news, politics, stories about people in sports as well as global stories of importance.
- Survivor Stories: Want to write about a case of sexual violence? We offer you the space anonymously.
- Videos: Have a video story for us? Or, you think we should feature this particular video? We are all ears.
- Interviews: We feature people who have done groundbreaking work in the field of gender, sexuality, women’s rights and the likes to get an insight into their lives and their work.
- Please address the mail subject as ‘Submission: Title’, for example ‘Submission: Child Rape – The Rapist In Disguise Of Your Loved Ones’? and email to email@example.com.
- Word limit is 800-1000 words, can be longer if it is an analytic piece. Please ensure that the title of your article is restricted to 50 characters (with space). This is a google recommendation and we reserve the right to edit the title if it goes beyond 50 characters.
- The category can be anything; We welcome articles, op-eds, long-form, personal stories, artwork, photo essays, interviews, video stories, podcasts you name it. Currently, we do not accept fiction and poetry.
- You can write about anything and everything related to the minority, powerless and the marginalized sections of the society.
- If you are citing any studies, surveys or news reports, be sure to include a relevant link.
- We do not accept previously published content. Google identifies such content as plagiarism and messes with the site stats. If you have a blog, please first publish your piece on the site and then after at least three weeks on your blog. This helps with the site stats.
- Though we do not have any commitment restrictions, we’d like the writers to contribute at least 2-3 pieces a month.
- We reserve the right to edit your content to make it more readable. An editor may make changes to the title and add introduction and sub-sections suitable to our format. Language/grammatical errors will also be corrected before publishing. Any substantial changes that impact your argument or the meaning of your post will be discussed with you.
- The copyright of all the posts rests with pinkdomblog.com and the individual authors.
After all is done and you have submitted your post, it will be reviewed and scheduled, you’ll be notified when it is published and will be extensively shared on our social media platforms and email newsletter.